Saturday, April 28, 2012

downpour sending me home

Drove into town this morning as the skies thickened, drizzle in Home Depot parking lot as I ventured into their green house for potting soil. Hostas on sale, so soil and hostas quickly in car before rain. Within minutes it became a down pour, and I asked the Obama organizer that I be excused from voter registration in front of Target. I don't want this nose cold and cough to become aggravated in this cold damp day. 
Now with Pandora's Leonard Cohen radio, I am warm and happy with Mr. Lee sleeping nearby. I have transplanted my three small eggplant seedlings into larger vessels for the summer with chicken compost and some wormy casings. The sun is breaking out of the bank of grey leading me to think that I might find places for my 4 hostas. May even tackle the new weed eater machine. The weather for the next week forecasts 80's Wednesday or Thursday; perhaps I should be savoring this chill. Watching a crow on the hill, I guess looking for worms; earlier a red bellied woodpecker and a female cardinal were both on the suet holder - not long together before the cardinal flew off. The orange poppies are blooming beginning to take off, joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment