Monday, April 23, 2012

Snow on Monday

Coming out of Qigong to snow flurries, wet and less threatening for being April 23. With such a warm winter, I harbored the notion that we would have spring frosts of various levels of destruction. My irises have suffered as did the wisteria; and if it drops precipitously into freezing zone tonight or tomorrow night, the new leaves just budding on the trees may suffer. I think my garden will be ok, though I will put some pine needles on the just rising from the soil potatoes - they definitely don't take well to frost. I've still a bag of beautiful blue and red potatoes to plant. Happily, the green house is snug and I have plants pulled into the dinning room. They sit by the glass doors adjusting to the lower light and I imagine glad to avoid the blustery day outside. Listening to Levon Helm on Pandora, Mr. Lee at my feet. Going to bundle up for a walk soon; Alma's coming over for soup tonight.
I drove so carefully today into town to the grocery. Yesterday, I luckily was going slow enough to allow a car to pull out almost directly in front of me on route 8. But later, it was me who made a wide turn in front of a small VW I didn't see. Then in Lowe's parking lot waiting for Baldwin and chatting with DD about flying pigs, I didn't see Baldwin come out of the store and drove off, albeit, slowly to look at flowers, with Baldwin hanging onto the car door. Oopse, dangerous Old lady at the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment