Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lightning thru green rain green scene


Saturday, a good day for worms or so I decided. Cleaned out one of the worm bins and filled a 5 gallon bucket with the rich gooey black compost. My plants will be happy and enough to share with Mindy and Baldwin who are raising seedlings for us all. They made it to the river today, but after I walked to the mail box with Mr. Lee this morning, I decided a river walk was too much for him. He was exhausted after the trip to the top of the road, panting and restless. Rescue remedy did work to calm him down.
This afternoon, rain, green greener - lightning - with a forecast of cooler temperatures through the weekend. By Monday I may be moving plants inside, the few I have liberated early from the green house, such as the calla lilies just tall enough to begin to unfurl. Along with three bromeliads from New Orleans - which Sharon tells me can take a frost - but I am fearful of testing, especially as she lost the many she had on her porch in Ocean Springs from freeze. My four tuberous begonias are also on the deck, just risen above the dirt; but I know their leaves are sensitive to the frost - so I'll move them in.
Tomorrow is Earth Day. I had thought to plant my Chicago Fig - but not with the forecast. I will do something in celebration - Qigong at the very least in the yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment