Thursday, April 12, 2012

Second Melanoma Surgery in Two Months

Susan watches my back
as the scalpel slices 4 1/2 inches down / between my spine and left scapula
then carefully arcs out an inch wide long slice
of flesh
including the melanoma,
ferried to the lab
I try to get the surgeon to tell me if it is likely
I will have a third tiny black hole.
He says no, that two are rare enough
I ask: "do they die before they develop a third?"
silence
I laugh
his two interns smile.
"Oh, we will keep a close check on you," he says.

Poem last night when I returned from Democratic meeting. And I am working on another poem for Diane about our Rosicrucian class! Beautiful day after a frozen awakening, I'm off to Blacksburg for Web rehearsal and then home for dinner at the blue house which I am looking forward to. Ez calling from Trinidad sounding very well after a dinner of roasted goat which inspired him and Jen to send me a Heifer goat for my birthday! Jen calling from Houston so busy with school, but sounding good and strong and beautiful! Ready for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment