Wednesday, November 3, 2010

the day after


Well, I was inspired for a short time by Mindy's note that November is national blogging month and was wont to blog each day; Mindy's going ahead. I didn't blog yesterday after too long standing and "greeting" voters at the polls, growing cold and sore, losing faith that BOUCHER would be reelected and hungry for hot soup (which I am getting around to cooking now). I guess I will set a more realistic goal to blog every other day (and I don't know about the end of the month as I will be visiting Rudy).
The saving grace of yesterday was that after setting up BOUCHER signs at D-3 Bethel and greeting early voters with two Auburn HS students until Tom arrived, I went home to baby sit grand daughter. For 3 hours I played in the world of a bright 2 year old and forgot about elections. I had to return to the polls immediately after she left and spent the long afternoon at Bethel. Taking a break to vote at Auburn, check in at Armory and the library, calling Pilot. What what now? The anxiety that runs through my blood is President Obama's election in 2012 considering the nasty ads and signs of this year! Sigh!
I held a little puppy, indeed little at 8 weeks, a chihuahua, shivering and licking. Very cute with that endearing puppy smell - but the parents in the car were not so cute, overweight and pointy nosed. So life goes on in the hollow with out a dog.

1 comment:

  1. OMG (that means oh my goddess!) what a funny post- especially that last part about the little Chihuahua and it's fat parents waiting in the car. Glad you were out today getting your ya-ya's out with the chainsaw. Only thing is...did you mean for the blog post to be called "The day arter" (as in 'art' or artery where blood flows through...or 'the day after' as in the day after the election?)

    ReplyDelete