Monday, November 15, 2010

I buried Griffin today


I found Griffin this morning in the green house curled in an unmoving ball, so thin and so light - he must have died yesterday afternoon while i was at the seminar in Blacksburg. He would not have made it through the winter and I am relieved he didn't have to suffer longer or let out his moaning meow. I'll miss his pawing at the glass door and his passive slow motion move thru the day. As far as I know he never caught a mouse or bird in all of his 17 years, while his brother, Merlin, was a masterful hunter. Griffin is buried above Greystroke.

2 comments:

  1. Alaska is only 14 years old, and he was older than Griffin by a year or so...that would make Griffin 13 or 12. Not that it matters in the least.

    Sorry he died. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is horribly sad :( not that you didn't already know that...I'm so sorry...I loved Griffin, he was one of my fav cats...haha, I've never seen a cat drool so much <3

    ReplyDelete