Monday, February 22, 2016

Examining the maple

After a walk to the river today, Mojo and I crossed the creek below the old damn and hiked up to the maple. It was hollow inside - reminded me of the wide maples in the yard that were hollowed out when we cut them down to protect the house from limbs which might fall. I felt like I was mourning an old friend.This morning I had gone into Blacksburg to meet friends at the Lyric to see the movie "Carol." I enjoyed the film and was reminded of friends and relationships that I hadn't thought of in quite some time, especially a good friend from Sarah Lawrence.  She was similar to Carol, of wealth and sophistication. But she was more down to earth than Carol, more independent (after graduation she helped pay the phone bill of the Black Panthers). And I thought of our '51 Chevy with skirts, which I drove in the 70's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment