Thursday, February 4, 2016

I'm home, heart full of color

Pearl on top of the roots of the coconut palm speaks of the delight of every day in the DR (Dominican Republic). I am immensely grateful to have gotten out ahead of the snow storm that brought 1 foot of snow to the hollow.  The house Baldwin and Mindy are building, much of the heavy building is done, consists of an inner courtyard of  3 circular pods with a larger pod in the outer entrance. I have many pictures, so I can better illustrate the compound! I spent many mornings tackling a mold issue on their clothes which developed when they lived in one room at the Hotel.  Between rinsing clothes, I bent over the cracks between the concrete forms on the patio and carefully fitted river rocks into the spaces. We gathered the small stones from the creek bed near their house. The house has many cocoa trees, a giant African red tulip tree and many varieties of banana. The passion flower vine climbs around the electrical pole - my favorite fruit, chinola - is the fruit of the passion flower! Hyacinth  grow wild, hedges of them. There is bougainvillea, tree poinsettia and oodles of other tropical fantastic flora - including the flamboyant. Every afternoon to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment