Saturday, February 6, 2016

Pantaloons Mean

My rooster spurred me this evening when I leaned down to check on my ailing red hen. I tried to thwart his aggressive jumps at me, but failed. He broke skin on the inside side of my right knee. If there was a cockfight down the road, like there is on Sundays just outside the gate at Jurassic Park, I would throw him in the ring. Fat breasted bully that he is, I'm sure he would meet his match. But instead I will just avoid Pantaloons; hopefully check on my red hen in the morning after rooster has left the coop.
Speaking of cock fights, Baldwin and Mindy left me with the kids and several kids from the neighborhood on last Sunday afternoon. They went to look for a tree they wanted to plant in the outer courtyard. The kids played until suddenly great excitement: men running through the trees just by the courtyard, one man clutching his rooster under one arm, jumped up onto the patio. They laughed as they ran. I figured the police might be raiding the cock fight. The two local boys who were playing at the house, ran off to see what was happening.  We returned to play and Baldwin and Mindy showed up as the excitement diminished. They confirmed that the cock fight had been stopped as someone in the neighborhood warned the participants that the police were coming.  There is a big public cock fight in town - legal. The one that goes on at the edge of Jurassic must not be approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment