Wednesday, February 24, 2016

jelly eggs in the pond!

The peepers have been busy. Warm rain today, another 3/4 of an inch (mercifully no more) seems to have encouraged a party in the pond. I counted 8 frogs, and several blooms of eggs. The sun surprised me this afternoon. Dogs and I went up to mailboxes and later up to the blue house (peepers' eggs there too). Creek too high to hike to river, but we did go to the first crossing to peer
down at the snaking mud luscious water. On the way to the mail boxes, the wet weather fall through the pines was running. 
Treated Alma to a buffalo burger after she gave me a ride to Shelor to pick up the Subaru. Now I'm waiting for the biscotti to cool. Most most good to see undeniable signs of spring; and the forecast is for days in the 60's by next week. When I walked around the blue house, there were various clusters of rabbit scat - good fertilizer. Thinking of seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment