Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Mercy, we have power

As I had figured, the rain wouldn't be enough to melt all the snow on my road; and I bemoaned the fact that Robin had not scraped yesterday when it was 8 inches of light powder snow - but c'est la vie. However, I did call Catherine to see what Piney Woods looked like. She hadn't been out, but Fred said that he would try to make a pass with his blade since he had it on his tractor. Fred came down before the dogs and I got out of the door! Now I at least have a road that I think I can negotiate with the Subaru. It is slushy and slick. Thankful for a very good neighbor.
This morning the sunlight through the icy branches was beautiful. I swung my leg over the chicken yard fence to clear a patch of ground for Pantaloons and his now 7 hens. They were eager to get out after a day shut in by the snow. Later, the dogs and I may hike again up the road to get the mail; they too have cabin fever and two walks is an unexpected treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment