Saturday, January 7, 2012

catching the high


Now I know it must take a deep drought of denial to be even considering doing a "master cleanse" at my spry age of 66, but my son's bouncy bright eyed presence has conned me. This along with the fact that Baldwin was only sick for 3 or 4 days with the rhino virus that Mindy and I are still recovering from after 10 days. Mr.Lee and I have just returned from Harvest Moon in Floyd for organic grade B maple syrup and probiotics (for the 3rd day after the cleanse). I began the morning with what I am assuming will be the most difficult aspect of the cleanse, 32 ounces of sea salt water - gag. I'm using Himalayan sea salt, nevertheless the last 2 glasses are difficult. I've made up a batch of lemonade (lemon or lime juice with maple syrup and cayenne) - this is delicious. That's all that is needed for 10 days - plus all the herb tea you want. Today, I am planning on eating the vegetable soup i made yesterday - so I won't go into the no solid food dimension until tomorrow. Should be interesting! Living alone has the advantage of not having to watch anyone else cook and eat when you are not. I don't think cat and dog food will entice me to brake my the regime.
Another warmish lovely how can it be winter day!

1 comment: