Sunday, January 29, 2012

visitors


Last night I ate bear! A meat loaf that Alma brought over she had made from ground bear and ground venison which were both shot on her land this fall. The she bear was one of a pair munching on Alma's windfall apples who turned belligerent. The male bear, Alma hazards, was the one who took a bite out of her bumper - seriously, I have seen it! And one evening attacked one of the chicken pens, taking off the top and eating one of her roosters. Alma called local wild life managers who do not relocate bears; their advice was to shoot it. Alma's neighbor did - that's when they discovered there were two, not just one bear. The loaf was interesting with some home canned tomatoes on top and cornbread; I made Alma a green smoothie in place of salad. And Alma brought some of her black raspberries. We ate too much.
This afternoon I am sipping a second seeping of green tea leaves. The first seeping filled the three gold leaf china cups from my great grandmother which Diane and Susan and I used. It was a wonderful visit, catching up with each other; Susan's trip and Diane's healing journey and my plan to visit Machu Picchu! I sent them home with eggs; the hollow, though, is a bit sad. Mr. Lee must have picked up on the gloom and began to nose into the bucket which houses inside balls which DD and I play with. I went to look at what he was doing after he managed to get one ball out. Ah, there were the two balls with squeakers which I'd given him for Christmas. Now Mojo is happily playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment