Friday, January 13, 2012

Day Four


Well, I began yesterday morning with the salt water, decided I was not going to do it another morning (did note from the book that I could substitute a cup of Senna tea - which I will do in future if I ever try again). Made it to teach Qigong with a container of lemonade, which is also losing any remnant of good taste - if that could have been said of it. The church room was cold, remained cold; we did our sets with coats on! Afterwards with some mounting glee I went to Kroger to collect the weaning off food: oranges (clementines), kiwis, bananas, pears, avocados, two bags of spinach, broccoli, romaine. Emptied what remained of my lemonade in the quart measuring cup and squeezed 3 Clementines. It was sooooo good. Breaking the fast! Best part! For the afternoon I made my first green smoothie: banana, 1/2 kiwi, fresh arugula and beet greens from the garden and some spinach, juice of clementine. What's not to like? I suspect this is what I need to cure my cough and what seems to be bronchitis. For dinner I concocted the following: avocado, key lime juice, garlic, green pepper, spinach (lots), clementine juice and a bit of water. I'm a believer.
I woke up this morning thinking about my breakfast smoothie. A rather simple one, banana, apple, juice of clementine and lots of spinach with the remaining arugula from my garden. I am already looking forward to lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job Mary!! Where have these things been all of our lives! Green smoothies are the key to optimum health, for sure! YAY!!! Now tell everyone you know :) Especially new parents..if I would have only known when my kids were babies..what a gift of health I could have given them. They run when they hear the Vitamix! I don't understand why the color of life, Spring, sun energy green would scare kids off. It's so beautiful to drink ::) Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete