Monday, January 2, 2012

the misery of the common cold


First of all the name, common cold, just doesn't fit the breath and depth of the misery associated with the syndrome. There is so little that eases the symptoms or shortens the duration of suffering. The rhino virus takes hold and endures in spite of best efforts or at least, my best efforts! I do like the mucus monster of Mucinex; I also like an evening shot of Rum or Bourbon with lemon and honey. I like soup and fruit. I like, like a cat, sitting in a spot of sun.
But I dislike waking in the morning to hawk the globes of sticky thick yellow green gook, blow blood from nose, stagger upright with only the thin memory of sleep. I look for remedies, but seem to be a step behind; Kali-bic helping the night after the troubling New Year's Eve of three rude awakenings. And although what appears to be a very irritated epiglottis which can prompt agonizing spasms of coughing unto vomiting, Ipecapec didn't help at all. I give into the dim world of convalescing. I over dress to venture out for short walk with Mr Lee. I do small bouts of qigong. Oh, what a sorry begin to 2012; but it can only go UP from here!


No comments:

Post a Comment