Wednesday, January 18, 2012

the left behind



12 hens, 2 doggies, 1 aging cat all becoming acclimated to grandmother's house and coop; except for Alaska cat who is hanging out in snug green house at blue house. In preparation for Irie and Mojo, Mr. Lee and I dismantled the Christmas tree. I enjoyed the slow process of wrapping ornaments and carefully packing them into one box until next year. Wondering if either of my sons will want this box or if they will quickly allot it to Good Will. Baldwin and Mindy don't have a tree and Jen and Ezra stick with silver and blue - certainly not the eclectic mix contained in my ornament box! But I have ornaments that Ez and Baldwin made, and even some from my mother. Then again I'm not a stickler for tradition; I'll just have to live long enough to tire of the Christmas tree; or begin celebrating Christmas in a warmer spot. The travelers came down for dinner Monday night and as you can see from the not so good photo, had a difficult time buttoning coats! Lucky for them they won't be wearing coats for 6 weeks! It is delight to imagine them in the sun and all swimmy and full of fresh papaya, avocado, mango - etc!

1 comment: