Monday, February 20, 2012

we move into the single digits!!!!


I don't mean temperature wise - fortunately; I mean in the count down to the return of our neighbors, our dogs' people, our grandchild! Nine days - I always keep Alaska apprised of the time left; I figure he and I are counting. I haven't talked about it much because I don't want to send the message that we here are miserable. On the contrary, we are OK. Enjoying, perhaps more than usual, dog, cat and chicken kinds of amusement. Exception would be my sled run this morning. I guess I was being selfish - but I just had to make a go of the steep road that curves up to the blue house. I may be wrong, it may be that the dogs enjoyed it as much as I did as I whooped loudly. But what they do is to leap back and forth in front of the sled barking wildly. Mercifully I managed not to run them down. Mr. Lee had snow balls large enough to splay his legs; i had to set him in the sink to help the melt. I left the sled (GT runner - on skies) 1/2 way up the road in case I get up again. But there are already many gravel patches as the temperature rises to 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment